Pre-Approval for Credit Financing on Used Trucks in Lakeland FL
The hard-working and adventurous people of Central Florida need the right pickup that’s able to deliver stellar performance every time they step on the gas pedal. It’s because of this that you’ll see many residents taking their pickups around town, on road trips, or on journeys down the open trail. If you’re looking to join this movement, you should be aware that we offer pre-approval for credit financing on used trucks in Lakeland FL. Keep reading to find out how you can get an awesome deal on any vehicle in our inventory!Read the rest of this entry >>
A fact that can often be lost on many automotive consumers today is how prevalent different types of pickup trucks are. No matter where you look, there are plenty of them that are able to provide the right performance and abilities for any situation. Because of this, a common question that we get here at Kelley Lakeland is “What is the difference between light and heavy-duty pickup trucks?” We want to show you today, as well as some examples of each type!Read the rest of this entry >>
As a family- and locally-owned business, it’s important to us that we support our local community. That’s why we’re accepting school supplies for the Boy & Girls Clubs of Lakeland & Mulberry now through August 8th! If you help us Stuff the Truck by bringing in a bag of school supplies between now and then, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a YETI Tundra 65 cooler!
You’ll also get FIVE extra raffle tickets if you buy a truck between now and August 8th! We’ll draw a winner towards the end of the day on August 8th (you do not need to be present to win), and deliver the school supplies in time for school to start!
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Lakeland & Mulberry has been serving youth from disadvantaged circumstances in Polk County for over 70 years! Every year, they serve more than 2,000 young people at 4 clubs in Lakeland and Mulberry, and they employ certified teachers at all four sites. Not only can their teachers, tutors, and staff use these supplies to help young people achieve academic success while at the club, but they’ll also help students who may not have everything on their school supplies list start the year off right!
While they’re currently looking for ALL school supplies, they do have online wish list if you need some ideas to get you started!
Maximum tow rating of Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado, and RAM 1500 trucks
Hard-working, blue-collar Floridians need a truck that is willing to put in the extra work day after day to keep them satisfied on the job. It’s for this reason that we see so many American-made pickups driving around here in Lakeland, as they certainly have much to offer no matter what you’re looking to accomplish on board. If you’re searching for a top-tier American truck and want to see which one has the right power for your needs, come with Kelley Lakeland today as we look at the maximum tow rating of the Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado and RAM 1500 trucks for their current model years!Read the rest of this entry >>
In the spirit of the upcoming football season, we’re creating a limited edition set of team trucks for football lovers everywhere! Our first lifted truck is a customer-requested Florida Gators edition Chevy Silverado!
This truck is being built on demand for a customer at our Big Bend Chevrolet Buick store up in Chiefland (did you know we’re five dealerships, not one?). We’ll be putting the finishing touches on it in the next day or two.
In the meantime, here’s a look at some more behind-the-scenes pictures of the custom lifted truck, including the Florida Gators graphic that’s in the process of being sized to fit the truck as we speak!
UPDATE: Here are the pictures of the final truck! Everything from the wheels to the badging on this 2018 Chevy has been changed in support of the Gators, and all work was done in-house!
We started with the lift kit and special-order Katzkin leather seats, and then color-matched the bumpers, trim, and Chevy badges. Next, we added the new Toyo Open Country tires the customer wanted and the custom wheels. Finally, we added the wrap to give it that truly one-of-a-kind look!
Do you want your own truck to support your team just in time for football season? Let us know what kind of truck you’re looking to buy (and what team you want to support) by filling out our Truck Finder form or calling (877) 535-5394 today!
While each team truck will be completely unique, we can worked with you on building you just the new or used lifted truck you’re looking for!
If you’re on the market for a quality used SUV or heavy-duty pickup truck, you’ve no doubt been faced with the choice between two of the most popular drivetrains out there – All-Wheel Drive and Four-Wheel Drive. There’s a lot to cover with these two systems, so if you’ve ever wondered “What is the difference between All-Wheel Drive and Four-Wheel Drive?” Our Kelley Lakeland team will take you through them today, as well as which model types they are most common on, and how they operate!Read the rest of this entry >>
Most common reasons that a Check Engine light flashes in your used pickup truck
The pickup trucks of today’s world are built to be stronger, more versatile and more durable than ever before seen in history. However, that doesn’t change the fact that they must be properly maintained in order to ensure your continued enjoyment behind the wheel. For this reason, it can often be a harrowing feeling when you see your “Check Engine” light come on. The causes of this can be hard to pinpoint, so we want to help you today – come with Kelley Lakeland as we show you some of the most common reasons that a Check Engine light flashes in your used pickup truck. With this information, it’ll be much easier for you to remedy the issue!Read the rest of this entry >>
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 engine options and performance features
In the GM model family, there are plenty of different body types and manufacturers that have formed solid reputations with all sorts of drivers across the nation. If you’re looking for a high-performing, durable and innovative pickup truck with ample luxury to boot, there aren’t many better options than the GMC Sierra 1500 line. Today, we’ll be checking out its different engine options and performance features, and you can find all of them here in Lakeland FL! Read the rest of this entry >>
Buying your first truck is very exciting (who doesn’t remember their first truck?), but it can also be confusing. We want you to feel confident and prepared when you walk into the dealership, so we’ve put together a short guide explaining what you need to know as a first time buyer.
Here are our top tips for first time car buyers:
1. Build up some credit. If you’re thinking about getting your first truck, now is the time to get a low-limit credit card. Use that card to make necessary, smaller purchases, like gas, and then pay it off every month. That way, you can start to establish a good credit rating with that line of credit, which will help you get you approved for a larger loan.
2. Think about potential co-signers. If it’s your first time financing a vehicle, you may need someone to co-sign (agree to co-accept responsibility for the loan) for your first car loan. A spouse with established credit can be a great option, as can a parent, or anyone else who has good vehicle credit or a mortgage. It’s important to have these conversations early on the process, though, so the truck you want doesn’t get sold while you’re trying to find a co-signer!
3. Have a little time on the job. Does having a short time on the job mean you can’t get a loan? No! Banks take many factors into account when deciding to approve someone. However, having been at the same job for two or more years will help a bank see you as a strong candidate.
4. Save up for a down payment. If you’re purchasing a first truck, you’ll need a down payment. Saving at least 20% for a truck not only helps you get lower monthly payments than financing the entire purchase, but it can help show the banks that you’re responsible enough to manage a larger loan. That 20% helps cover the title, tag, dealer and other fees that the bank doesn’t want to finance.
You can also watch our tips for buying your first vehicle!
5. Know what vehicles to look for. As a first time buyer, you may think a bank will be more likely to finance you on an older truck with high mileage. The opposite is actually true! Ideally, you want a truck that’s 8 years old or newer, with less than 80,000 miles on it. If the vehicle is too old, the bank will be concerned you may not be able to handle both repairs and your loan payment. You’ll actually have a better time getting financed on a newer truck!
6. Prioritize your wants. With your first truck, you may not be able to get all the upgrades you want straight out of the gate (banks will be hesitant to finance them). However, if you buy a truck at Kelley Lakeland, you can bring your truck in to our Kelley’s Customs shop, and buy your upgrades as you go! Also, once you’re ready for your second truck, we know the value of those upgrades and can take that into account when appraising your trade.
Keep in mind that you don’t necessarily have to complete every one of these steps in order to buy a truck. We just want to put you in the most optimal situation to both get approved for a loan, and walk away satisfied with your purchase. If you have questions, feel free to call our Finance Director Valden at (863) 225-9650. He’ll be happy to answer your questions!
And now that you better understand the process of buying a car, don’t forget the most important tip of all: enjoy the ride! You’ll never have another first truck!
We all know there’s nothing quite as luxurious as custom, premium Katzkin seats, but do you know some of the more practical reasons to upgrade to leather?
1. Leather is durable. High-quality leather will easily wipe clean of most spills that you’d have to scrub out of cloth, and it’s certainly much easier to keep dust and other allergens to a minimum with a leather interior. Cloth seats will also absorb (and emit) more odors over time.
2. Increased resale value. A vehicle with a leather interior has a greater resale value than one without, so you get to enjoy the luxury now and recoup some of the costs later. Given that Kelley Lakeland already offers a great deal on high-quality custom leather seats, you can recoup an even higher percentage of that cost later on!
3. Comfort. On their own, leather seats are usually softer and more comfortable than your typical cloth seats, and they actually get softer and more flexible as time goes on, unlike cloth. With just a little maintenance, your leather truck seats will get even better with time!
Listen as Shawn explains your options for getting Katzkin leather in your truck!
So if you’re ready to upgrade to leather, call us at (863) 225-9672 to see how much it would cost to add our custom leather truck seats to your vehicle today! Not only will you be working with an authorized Katzkin leather dealer, but we also have over 23 years of experience in working with leather in our service center. We can make sure your leather seats look beautiful, and will be safe and long-lasting!